An unrooted/stock device is controlled by the manufacturer but you can take over the control to your simply by rooting your device. Rooting will give you the ability to use your smart phone devices according to your will. So, if your device is not rooted till now don’t waste your time. Go through this article to root your android devices running Froyo 2.2. Now that you have a rooted smart phone you can tweak it according to your preferences.
To help you do so there are many applications available in the market. I will make you known to some of the popular and mostly used applications for rooted android smart phone. Please go through the rest of the article to know more about these handy applications. The best way to know ‘How an application is?’ is to try it by yourself. So, follow the links given after each short review to try them out.
1. Root Explorer: Root Explorer is an ultimate file manager application that lets root users access files stored in your device’s internal storage which was not possible using your stock file manager application. Its features include but are not limited to SQLite database viewer, Text Editor, create and extract zip files, extract rar archives, multi-select, search, remount, permissions, bookmarks, change file owner and group, etc.
- Android Market Download Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer&feature=search_result
- Direct Downlaod Link: http://www.megashare.com/3288596
- Android Market Download Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bg.rootmgrp&feature=search_result
- Direct Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?6oosownyh80a7gv
3. ROM Manager: ROM Manager is an application for root users that lets you install ClockWorkMod recovery on your device so that you can make full backup of your roms/firmwares, flash custom firmwares/roms, etc.
- Android Market Download Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager&feature=search_result
- Direct Download Link: http://www.filesonic.com/file/1808426304
4. Titanium Backup: Titanium Backup is also for root user that lets you backup and restore your both system and user installed applications with the help of one click. It is great tool for those who want to keep backup of their apps for future.
- Android Market Download Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup&feature=related_apps
- Direct Download Link: http://d1.apktop.com/app/201108/Titanium_Backup_PRO_v4.0.0.apk
5. Set CPU for Root Users: This wonderful application lets you to over clock or under clock your processor to increase the speed of your devices or to save battery according to your requirements. It also allows you to build custom profiles that over clock or under clock according to given conditions.
- Android Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mhuang.overclocking&feature=related_apps
- Direct Download Link: http://www.filesonic.com/file/1391368674
6. ROM Toolbox Pro: ROM Toolbox is an application that lets you tweak you phone to the farthest extent. From flashing custom roms, freezing, deleting or backing up system apps, changing themes and icons to setting CPU speed, it can do everything. This tools claims to provide ultimate rooting experience to its users.
- Android Market Download Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolboxpro&feature=more_from_developer
- Direct Download Link: http://d1.apktop.com/app/201108/Liberty_Toolbox_Pro_v3.0.0.apk
7. Install Manager v3: Install Manger is a tool that lets rot users install any app to sdcard. It also supports batch moving to/from sdcard, freezing and backing up system apps, and change default application install location to sdcard. It’s a great tool for those who have memory issue in their phone.
- Android Market Download Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.beidl.chooseloc&feature=also_installed
- Direct Download Link: http://www.plunder.com/Install-Manager-v3-2-zip-download-82af5e1fb5.htm
8. Android Terminal Emulator: This is a great app for both rooted and unrooted device that provides you command line interface so that you can run Linux command line utilities in android. With rooted devices you can do a lot more with the help of su, pmSetInstallLocation, etc. commands which are very useful.
- Android Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&feature=related_apps
- Direct Download Link: http://www.plunder.com/Terminal-Emulator-apk-download-c98aeb60ca.htm
9. Wireless Tether for Root Users: Wireless tether for root users lets you share your mobile data connection (2G, 3G, 4G) with your other devices over wifi. It turns your mobile to an internet hotspot. Features such as wifi encryption, allow or disallow client to use data packet, etc. make this app a great application for root users.
- Android Market Download Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=android.tether&feature=search_result
- Direct Download Link: http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list
10. BusyBox Installer: BusyBox Installer installs a working version of busybox for your devices. It also lets you update your busybox version. Since most root applications require you to have busybox, it is always a good idea to have it updated. This application helps you in doing just that.
- Android Market Download Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jrummy.busybox.installer&feature=more_from_developer
- Direct Download Link: http://d1.apktop.com/app/201107/Busybox_Installer_Pro_v1.1.apk
There are other root tools that you can search for in market. But, these are the mostly used popular root tools that will help you in tweaking your device according to your desire. If you have any problems with the direct download links given above please go through this and this articles.
What other root tools do you use mostly/frequently? Comments await your answer.